India’s First 3D-Printed Post Office:
Bengaluru will soon have India’s first post office constructed using 3D printing technology
- 3D-printed post office located at Cambridge Layout in Ulsoor, Bangalore.
- It is being implemented by Larsen & Toubro, which has experience in constructing 3D-printed buildings.
- It is a 1,100 sqft building which is expected to cost 30-40 per cent less than conventional buildings because of the technological intervention.
- It is being built at a cost of Rs 23 lakh.
- 3D printing or additive manufacturing is a process of making three-dimensional solid objects from a digital file.
- The creation of a 3D printed object is achieved using additive processes.
- In an additive process, an object is created by laying down successive layers of material until the object is created. Each of these layers can be seen as a thinly sliced cross-section of the object.
- 3D printing enables you to produce complex shapesusing less material than traditional manufacturing methods.