India’s ‘First Lavender Festival’ In Bhaderwah:
Lavender is a genus of 47 known species of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae.
- The flowers may be blue, violet or lilac in the wild species, occasionally blackish purple or yellowish.
- Lavender has been used over centuries in traditional medicine and cosmetics.
- Bhaderwah is a town in the district Doda of Jammu.
- India’s first National Institute of High Altitude Medicine is also being built in Bhaderwah.
- Bhaderwah has been described as the birthplace of India’s Purple Revolution.