International IP Index:
India ranks 42nd among 55 leading global economies on the International IP Index released by the U.S. Chambers of Commerce.
- Top :USA
- India is ripe to become a leader for emerging markets seeking to transform their economy through IP-driven innovation.
- India has maintained continued strong efforts in copyright piracy through the issuing of “dynamic” injunction orders.
- India has generous R&D and IP-based tax incentives and has a strong awareness-raising effort regarding the negative impact of piracy and counterfeiting
- India is a global leader in targeted administrative incentives for the creation and use of IP assets for SMEs,
- Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; symbols, names and images used in commerce.