Investor Education And Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA):
The Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA), will organise a State Level Conference on Financial Literacy in Amrit Kaal – Empowering Investors in association with the Department of Tourism in Aizawl.
Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority:
- It was established in 2016 under the Companies Act, of 2013.
- The Authority is entrusted with;
- The responsibility of administration of the Investor Education Protection Fund (IEPF).
- Make refunds of shares, unclaimed dividends, matured deposits/debentures etc. to investors and promote awareness among investors.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Investor Education Protection Fund (IEPF):
- It has been established under Section 205C of the Companies Act, 1956 by way of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1999.
- The following amounts that remained unpaid and unclaimed for a period of seven years from the date they became due for payment are credited to the Fund:
- Amounts in the unpaid dividend accounts of the companies
- The application money received by companies for allotment of any securities and due for refund
- Matured deposits with companies
- Matured debentures with companies
- Grants and donations are given to the fund by the Central Government, State Governments, companies or any other institutions for the purposes of the Fund
- The interest or other income received out of the investments made from the fund