Justice Uday Umesh Lalit : 49th Chief Justice Of India
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit has been sworn-in as Chief Justice of India.
- President Draupadi Murmu will administer him oath as the 49th Chief Justice of India at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Justice UU Lalit will be in office for 74 days, a tenure shorter than average.
- Justice Lalit was involved in some landmark judgements in past and will also handle some major cases in his tenure as Chief Justice.
- In past, he was involved in the landmark judgement in the Triple Talaq case.
- He practised in the Bombay High Court till 1985 and moved to Delhi in 1986.