Klyuchevskoy Volcano : Erupted
The Klyuchevskoy volcano erupted on Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula.
- Klyuchevskoy volcano is one of the most famous volcanoes in
- It is one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, with a height of 4,750 metres.
- The volcano consists of a truncated cone with a central crater.
- It is a stratovolcano.
- It has erupted more than 50 times since 1700.
- It lies in far eastern Russia, between the Sea of Okhotskon the west and the Pacific Ocean and Bering Sea on the east.
- It is one of the world’s most concentrated areas of geothermal activity, with about 30 active volcanoes.
- It is one of the largest peninsulas in the world.
- Climate:Severe, with prolonged, cold, and snowy winters and wet, cool summers.
- It is part of a vast belt of Earth known as the “Ring of Fire” which circles the Pacific Ocean and is prone to eruptions and frequent earthquakes.