The Union Agriculture Ministry, in collaboration with the Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence (Wadhwani AI), developed Krishi 24/7.
- Krishi 24/7 is the first-ever AI-powered solution for automated agricultural news monitoring and analysis, with support from Google.org.
- The tool scans news articles in multiple languages and translates them into English.
- It extracts essential information from news articles, such as headline, crop name, event type, date, location, severity, summary, and source link, ensuring that the ministry receives timely updates on relevant events published on the web.
- It addresses the need for an efficient mechanism to identify and manage agricultural news articles of interest to aid timely decision-making.
- It will aid the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DA&FW) to identify relevant news, generate timely alerts, and take prompt action to protect farmers’ interests and promote sustainable agricultural growth through improved decision-making.