Labour-Intensive Bharatiya Economic Model : RSS
The RSS has passed a resolution calling for a labour-intensive Bharatiya Economic Model in view of rising unemployment in the country.
- Society must come forward and participate in building an Atmanirbhar Bharat where the economic model is based on Indian values.
- The model should be human-centric, labour intensive, eco-friendly and lay stress on decentralisation and equitable distribution of benefits.
- It should augment village economy, microscale, small scale and agro-based industries.
- Thrust areas as rural employability, unorganised sector employment and employment of women as solutions to unemployment.
- It also urged the youth to come out of the mentality of seeking only jobs. An environment conducive to encouraging entrepreneurship should be created by educating and counselling people, especially youth.
- India’s unemployment rate has been rising, and when the effects of demonetisation and the pandemic have hit the economy and dried up opportunities.
- The unemployment rate went up to 7.91% in December 2021 from 6.3% in 2018-19 and 4.7% in 2017-18.
- The manufacturing sector is said to have lost 9.8 million jobs between 2019-20 and December 2021.