The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare in India, has launched the “MedTech Mitra” initiative to empower innovators and advance healthcare solutions in the country.
- The initiative aims to support and collaborate with technology innovators and startups in the medical technology sector.
- The goal is to harness innovation to enhance healthcare delivery and address healthcare challenges.
- MedTech Mitra is a platform that will help young talents of country in shaping their research and getting regulatory approval.
- It will facilitate indigenous development of affordable, quality MedTech devices and diagnostics leading to reduction in import dependence (presently around 80%) in MedTech.
- MedTech Mitra is part of the government’s efforts to promote innovation in the health sector and improve healthcare services in the country.