Mughal Gardens Renamed As Amrit Udayan:
The Central Government has decided to rename the Mughal Gardens inside the Rashtrapati Bhavan as Amrit Udayan.
Features of Mughal gardens:
- These are developed in Islamic architectural style by the Mughals in India and other countries.
- These gardens are frequently seen as a place for relaxation and meditation.
- This gardening design was influenced by Persian, namely the Charbagh structure.
- Gardens are formal in style; symmetrically designed in rectangular or square
- The garden area is divided into four plots by water channels.
- These four channels represent four rivers of life.
- The running water provides coolness and freshness to the garden.
- The four plots are planted with trees, shrubs, etc.,
- Mughal gardens are surrounded by a high, robust wall.
- The wall’s summit is decorated with serrated battlements.