Nano Liquid DAP Fertilizer : Approved
The Government recently approved the launch of nano liquid DAP (di-ammonium phosphate) fertilizer in India and has been notified in the Fertilizer Control Order (FCO).
- Nano liquid DAP fertilizer is a concentrated phosphate-based fertilizer.
- It provides phosphorous nutrition throughout the crop growth and development cycle.
- Nano-DAP is jointly manufactured by Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO) in association with a private player Coromandel.
- Nano-DAP will be sold at Rs 600 per bottle of 500 ml. One bottle will be equivalent to one bag of DAP, which currently costs Rs 1,350.
- DAP is the second most consumed fertilizer in the country after urea.
- Out of the estimated annual consumption of around 10-12.5 million tonnes, local production is around 4-5 million tonnes, while the rest has to be imported.
- Nano-DAP will help to bring down India’s fertilizer import bill.
- It is also expected to contribute to bringing down the annual subsidy on non-urea fertilizers.