States Startup Ranking 2021:
The results of the 3rd edition of Ranking of States on Support to Startup Ecosystems were released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Gujarat and Karnataka appeared as the Best Performers in the States category.
- Meghalaya top among UTs and North-eastern States category.
- Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa and Telangana won the Top Performers award among states category.
- Jammu and Kashmir appeared as the Top Performer among UTs and NE states category.
Earlier, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry released a Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) Ranking, which is based on Business Reforms Action Plan (BRAP) report 2020.
States’ Startup Ranking:
- The Start-up India initiative of the Government of India envisages to build a robust Start-up ecosystem in the country for nurturing innovation and providing opportunities to budding entrepreneurs.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry has been conducting the States’ Start-up Ranking Exercise since 2018.
- The exercise plays a crucial role in easing the business environment for start-ups in the country.
- Help bring to fore progress made by the States/ UTs for promoting Startup ecosystem.
- Foster competitiveness & propel the States/ UTs to work proactively.
- Facilitate States/ UTs to identify, learn and replicate good practices.