National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) Portal:
The Chief Justice of India announced the onboarding of the Supreme Court on the National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) in open court.
- The NJDG portal is a national repository of data relating to cases instituted, pending and disposed of by the courts across the length and breadth of the country.
- In this portal, one may access case-related information, statistics such as institution, pendency, and disposal of cases, case types, and year-wise break-up of the Supreme Court of India.
- It is a database of orders, judgements, and case details of 18,735 District & Subordinate Courts and High Courts created as an online platform under the e-Courts Project.
- It has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) in close coordination with the in-house software development team of the Computer Cell, Registry with an interactive interface and analytics dashboard.
- The entire database will be periodically updated on the NJDG portal.
- NJDG works as a monitoring tool to identify, manage, & reduce the pendency of cases.
- It helps to provide timely inputs for making policy decisions to reduce delays in disposing of cases and reduce case pendency.
- It also facilitates better monitoring of court performance and systemic bottlenecks and, thus, serves as an efficient resource management tool. To track cases related to land disputes.