National Judicial Data Grid:
The National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) has gained significant attention for its role in revolutionizing the way judicial proceedings are managed in India.
- National Judicial Data Grid is a database of orders, judgments and case details of 18,735 District & Subordinate Courts and High Courts created as an online platform under the eCourts Project.
- Data is updated on a near real-time basis by the connected District and Taluka courts.
- It provides data relating to judicial proceedings/decisions of all computerized district and subordinate courts of the country.
- All High Courts have also joined the NJDG through web services, providing easy access facility to the litigant public.
- Aligned with the National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP), NJDG provides an Open Application Programming Interface (API) to Central & State Governments.
- This API offers streamlined access to NJDG data using designated departmental IDs and access keys.
- This feature is intended for institutional litigants to evaluate and monitor cases, with plans to extend access to non-institutional litigants in the future.