National Youth Parliament Festival 2022:
The 3rd edition of National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) -2022 was conducted in the Central Hall of Parliament in New Delhi.
- National Youth Parliament is an innovative programme to equip youth with the understanding of parliamentary procedures and democratic processes.
- NYPF is based on the idea given by the Prime Minister in his Mann Ki Baat Address in 2017.
- Objective: To hear the voice of youth in this age bracket of 18-25 who are allowed to vote but cannot contest in elections.
- To encourage the youth to engage with public issues, understand the common man’s point of view, form their opinion and express these in an articulate manner.
- The 1st edition of NYPF was organised in 2019, with the theme “Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and Contribute to Policy ”.
- The 2nd edition of NYPF was organized in 2020, with the theme “YUVAAH- Utsah Naye Bharat Ka”
- All recognised educational institutions of the country are eligible to participate in this programme.
- Kishore Sabha for the students of Class IX to XII .
- Tarun Sabha for the students of Under Graduate/ Post Graduate level.
- The registration for participation will be done by the education institutions through the web-portal.
- To ensure effective implementation of the scheme, the participating institutions may invite an MP/ex-MP/ MINA/’ Ex-MLA/ MLC/ Ex-MLC or a Person of eminence as the Chief Guest who would oversee the performance of the Youth Parliament sitting of the institution.
- Organized by: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.