Meri Fasal-Mera Byora E-Procurement Portal : By Haryana Government
The Haryana government has launched the Meri Fasal-Mera Byora e-procurement portal. Due to this portal, Haryana has become the first state in India where as many as 14 crops are procured at the Minimum Support Price (MSP).
- These crops include wheat, mustard, barley, gram, paddy, maize, bajra, cotton, sunflower, moong, groundnut, tur, urad and sesame.
- The portal is the testimony of increasingly adopting digital governance, as a means to improve farming and ensure enhanced income for farmers.
- The portal was started in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- In less than two years, 8.71 lakh or more than 80% of the total farmers in the state, registered on the portal in the rabi season.
- The portal seeks to provide an online sale facility, 81 mandis of the state have been linked with the e-NAM (electronic national agriculture market) portal.
- The eNAM platform offers a pan-India electronic trading portal that networks the existing APMC (Agricultural Produce Market Commodities) mandis to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities.