Neolithic Age : Rock Art Found
A rock art dating back to the Neolithic period was recently found in the Palnadu district of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Neolithic Age, also called the New Stone Age, is the final stage of cultural evolution or technological development among prehistoric humans.
- The term Neolithic is most frequently used in connection with agriculture, which is the time when cereal cultivation and animal domestication were introduced.
- Because agriculture developed at different times in different regions of the world, there is no single date for the beginning of the Neolithic age.
- In India, the starting point of the Neolithic is generally thought to have occurred sometime around 7000 BCE.
- The Neolithic followed the Mesolithic Period and preceded the Chalcolithic Age, or the early period of metal tools.