Network Planning Group (NPG):
The Network Planning Group (NPG) held its 20th meeting on June 2022 at Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi.
- It was chaired by the Special Secretary, Logistics Division, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and saw active participation from member ministries/departments including MoRTH, MoCA, MoR, MoPSW, MoP, DoT and Niti Ayog.
- The forum saw senior officials from these ministries deliberate on various agendas on logistic capacities and PM GatiShakti.
- Prime Minister launched PM GatiShakti NMP for multi-modal connectivity on 13th October, 2021. Implementation framework includes Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS), Network Planning Group (NPG) and Technical Support Unit (TSU) with required technical competencies.
- NPG consists of heads of the network planning wing of respective infrastructure ministries and it will assist the Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS), which is headed by the cabinet secretary.
- EGOS consists of secretaries of 18 ministries as members and Head of Logistics Division, under the DPIIT, as member convenor.
- NPG will clear the projects as all infrastructure projects would have to come here.