IIT, Madras has become 1st institute in India to join IBM Quantum Network.
- IBM’s Quantum Network aims to advance quantum computing skills and research in India.
- Quantum computing is a rapidly-emerging technology that harnesses the laws of quantum mechanics to solve problems too complex for classical computers.
- Quantum networks form an important element of quantum computing and quantum communication systems.
- Quantum networks facilitate the transmission of information in the form of quantum bits, also called qubits, between physically separated quantum processors.
- A quantum processor is a small quantum computer being able to perform quantum logic gates on a certain number of qubits.
- Quantum networks work in a similar way to classical networks.
- The main difference is that quantum networking, like quantum computing, is better at solving certain problems, such as modeling quantum systems.