New epiphytic Plant:
Scientists of the Botanical Survey of India (BSI) have discovered a new species of epiphytic plant, Lysionotus namchoomii, from the Pakke-Kessang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- New epiphytic plant named Lysionotus
- The native range of the genus Lysionotus is the Himalayas to Japan and Indo-China, and about 50% of the species found are endemic.
- Species of the genus are mostly epiphytic, lithophytic, or terrestrial evergreen erect or climbing subshrubs.
- The new species bears thick leaves and attractive purple flowers.
- The conservation status of this new species is provisionally assessed as ‘Critically Endangered’, in accordance with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List.
- It is epiphytic in nature and grows another plant.
- Epiphytic plants are mostly found in tropical and subtropical