NIOS Diploma Course In Yogic Science:
Minister of State for Education Shri Sanjay Dhotre launched NIOS Diploma course in Yogic Science on the occasion of International Day of Yoga.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was formerly known as National Open School.
- It is the National board of education under the Government of India that administers examinations for Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations similar to the CBSE and the CISCE. It also offers vocational courses after the high school.
- It is an autonomous institute under Union Ministry of HRD.
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- NIOS operates through a network of five Departments, Regional Centres and Accredited Institutions (Study Centres) in India and abroad.
- It has a current enrolment of about 2.71 million students at Secondary, Senior Secondary & Vocational levels which makes it the largest open schooling system in the world.