Office Of The High Commissioner Of Human Rights:
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, also known as, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, is one of the UN human rights bodies.
- The OHCHR is entrusted by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) with the mandate to protect and promote all human rights for everyone all over the world.
- It offers technical expertise and capacity-development to aid the implementation of global human rights standards on the field.
- It is a part of the UN Secretariat and was established in 1993.
- It is headquartered in Geneva and has many regional offices as well.
- The OHCHR is headed by the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- OHCHR Funding: Almost 2/3rd of the funding for the Office comes from voluntary contributions from donors and member states.
- The rest is covered by the general budget of the UN.