One District One Product Gifts:
The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is presenting Khelo India University Games (KIUG) winners with ‘One District One Product’ gifts.
- One District One Product (ODOP) Initiative was launched by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in 2018.
- Objective is to help districts reach their full potential, foster economic and socio-cultural growth, and create employment opportunities, especially, in rural areas.
- The initiative aims to select, brand, and promote at least One Product from each District of the country for enabling holistic socioeconomic growth across all regions.
- ODOP Initiative aims to turn every district in India, into an export hub through promotion of the product in which the district specialises.
- The initiative plans to accomplish this by scaling manufacturing, supporting local businesses, finding potential foreign customersand so on, thus helping to achieve the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ vision.
- The ODOP Initiative has identified a total of 1102 products from 761 districts across the country.
- This initiative is carried out with the ‘Districts as Exports Hub’ initiative by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Department of Commerce.