First Satellite-Based Two-Way Messaging:
Qualcomm launched the first satellite-based two-way messaging.
- It is called Snapdragon Satellite.
- .In two-way messaging like Whatsapp, both participants can send or receive messages simultaneously.
- Snap Dragon Satellite was launched at the CES 2023
- It is powered by a 5G Modem RF system
- It can support 5G non-terrestrial networks. NTN is used in flying objects
- The two-way messaging system is supported by the Iridium satellite constellation.
- The Iridium constellation was launched by the Iridium communication-based in the US.
- The main purpose of the satellites is to provide L-band data, mostly voice data.