Open Data Week:
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has announced the initiation of the Open Data Week to encourage the adoption of open data and promote innovation across India’s urban ecosystem.
- It is being conducted during the third week of January, i.e., from 17th January 2022 to 21st January 2022.
- The idea is to provide a platform that offers ample opportunities on how to continue creating and promoting the use of data that addresses complex urban issues, such as the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Open data is data that can be freely used, re-used and redistributed by anyone – subject only, at most, to the requirement to attribute and share alike.
- It is easily available at a minimal cost. It should also be available in a usable form.
- It is made available without any restriction on re-use and redistribution.
- Anyone and everyone can access and/or re-use it.
- There should be no discrimination against a person or group based on any criteria.