Open Network For Digital Commerce (ONDC):
The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry chaired a meeting for the review of the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) initiative of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- ONDC is globally first-of-its-kind initiative that aims to democratise Digital Commerce, moving it from a platform-centric model to an open-network.
- As UPI is to the digital payment domain, ONDC is to e-commerce in India.
- ONDC will enable, buyers and sellers to be digitally visible and transact through an open network. no matter what platform/application they use.
- ONDC will empower merchants and consumers by breaking silos to form a single network to drive innovation and scale, transforming all businesses from retail goods, food to mobility
- ONDC will be compliant with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and designed for compliance with the emerging Personal Data Protection Bill.