What Is Generative AI?
Generative AI has become a ‘hot topic’ for technologists, investors, policymakers and society at large.
- Generative AI is a type of artificial intelligence that involves creating new, original content or data using machine learning algorithms.
- It can be used to generate text, images, music, or other types of media
Uses of Generative AI:
- Create realistic images and animations
- Text-to-image programs such as Midjourney, DALL-E and Stable Diffusion have the potential to change how art, animation, gaming, movies and architecture, among others, are being rendered
- Generative AI can be used to compose music and create art
- Create brand logo: E.g. many startups are exploring services like DALL.E2, Bing Image Create, Stable Diffusion, and MidJourney to create their brand logo
- Generate text messagesg. ChatGPT to generate news articles, poetry, and even code.
- Generative AI can be used to design and control robotic systems
- Automate things e.g. Microsoft-owned GitHub Copilot, which is based on OpenAI’s Codex model, suggests code and assists developers in autocompleting their programming tasks