PM KISAN Scheme Completed Two Years:
The flagship scheme of the central government, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) has completed its two years on February 24, 2021.
- The PM-KISAN Scheme was formally launched by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, on February 24, 2019.
- The scheme was launched at Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The scheme was launched with the objective of PM of augmenting the income of the farmers by giving all the landholding farmer’s family income support all across the country.
- Under this scheme, an amount of 6000 rupees per year is transferred to the bank accounts of farmers directly.
- This amount is transferred to them in three installments of 2000 rupees.
- This scheme was initially launched to provide income support to all Small and Marginal Farmers’ families who are holding the cultivable land up to 2 hectares.
- Later, the scheme was expanded to cover all farmers’ families irrespective of the size of their landholdings.
- However, Affluent farmers have been excluded from this scheme.
- To date, more than 1 lakh 10 thousand crore rupees have been transferred to the farmers’ income.