World’s Largest Stadium In Gujarat:
The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, has inaugurated the world’s largest Stadium at Motera, in Gujarat on February 24, 2021.
- The Motera stadium was later renamed as the Narendra Modi Stadium.
- This stadium has surpassed the Melbourne Cricket Ground and became the largest stadium in the world.
- This stadium is going to make history by hosting the second home pink-ball test match on February 24 between India and England.
- The newly built stadium was built by equipping all the modern facilities and technologies which is required for present-day cricket.
- It comprises of four dressing rooms which is required nowadays for hosting twenty-twenty matches back-to-back.
- The stadium was built in over 63 acres.
- It has a seating capacity of 1.10 lakh people surpassing the seating capacity of 90,000 people by the Melbourne stadium.
- It was built at an estimated cost of Rs. 800 crores.
- It was constructed by Larsen & Toubro.
- The stadium also comprises 76 corporate boxes with a seating capacity of 25 each.
- Apart from that, it has an indoor academy, an Olympic level swimming pool, four dressing rooms for athletes, GCA clubhouse, and food courts.
- This is the first stadium that uses both colored clay for the practice and main pitches.