PM-YUVA Scheme : Translation Of Books In Different Languages
The Government has decided that the books selected under the PM-YUVA Scheme are translated into different Indian languages to ensure the exchange of Indian culture and literature in order to promote `Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
PM Yuva Yojana:
- Pradhan Mantri – Mentorships’s Scheme for Young writers (PM-YUVA) has been launched by the Ministry of Education on 29 May 2021 for young writers up to the age of 30 years.
- Aim of this scheme is to create young aspiring writers into skilled writers representing the rich heritage of India.
- Through the scheme, new writers will be allowed to participate and become future writers through a mentorship program.
Key objectives of the scheme are:
- Engage youth of the country in rich Indian history and culture.
- Creating a pool of young authors in the country who will be the modern/ young ambassadors of our Indian Literature.
- Create young learners for future leadership roles to represent the country on an international level.
- To help young authors project their ideas on an international platform, therefore allowing them to promote Indian literature and culture globally.
- Building skilled writers from new aspiring authors in various genres by providing expert mentoring.
- The scheme would be implemented by the National Book Trust under the Ministry of Education. The scheme would be implemented in a phase-wise structure.
- In Phase I– training, the selected candidates would be provided by the NBT for three months.
- In Phase II– The candidates selected would expand their understanding and also hone their skills through an interactive process at various events internationally organized, such as book fairs etc.