In a major boost to exports of Geographical Indications (GI) products from the north-eastern region, a consignment of ‘Raja Mircha’ also referred as king chilli from Nagaland was exported to London via Guwahati by air for the first time.
- The consignment of King Chilli also considered as world’s hottest based on the
- The chilli from Nagaland is also referred as Bhoot Jolokia and Ghost pepper.
- It got GI certification in 2008.
- Nagaland King Chilli belongs to genus Capsicum of family Solanaceae.
- Naga king chilli has been considered as the world’s hottest chilli and is constantly on the top five in the list of the world’s hottest chilies based on the Scoville Heat Units (SHUs).
- In 2021, APEDA has facilitated exports of Jackfruits from Tripura to London and Germany, Assam Lemon to London, Red rice of Assam to the United States and Leteku ‘Burmese Grape’ to Dubai.