Restoration Barometer Report 2022:
It is Released by IUCN, this report has highlighted the use of the ‘ Restoration Barometer tool’ as the only tool currently used by governments to track progress on the implementation of restoration targets
- The tool was 1st launched in 2016 as the Bonn Challenge Barometer
About the report:
- Restoration Barometer Report 2022 has highlighted that the investments of $26bn across 18 countries have brought 14 million hectares of degraded landscapes – an area about the size of Greece – under restoration.
- Restoration: Ecological restoration aims to recreate, initiate, or accelerate the recovery of an ecosystem that has been disturbed
- Bonn Challenge: The Bonn Challenge is a global effort to restore 150 million hectares of the world’s degraded and deforested lands by 2020 and 350 million hectares by 2030
- IUCN: IUCN is a membership union uniquely composed of both government and civil society organisations.
- Created in 1948 and headquartered in Switzerland, it is the global authority on the status of the natural world and the measures needed to safeguard it.