Saksham Anganwadi And Poshan 2.0:
Ministry of Women and Child Development has issued Operational Guidelines regarding implementation of Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0.
- It will also promote Aadhaar seeding of beneficiaries to ensure last-mile tracking of take-home rations and tracking of migration of pregnant women and lactating mothers.
Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0:
- In Financial Year (FY) 2021-22, the Government of India (GoI) restructured the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and POSHAN (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) Abhiyaan into Saksham Anganwadi and POSHAN 2.0
- The restructured scheme consists of the following sub-schemes:
- POSHAN Abhiyaan
- Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG)
- National Creche Scheme
- Fund: Poshan 2.0 is an ongoing Centrally-sponsored programme being implemented through the State Governments/ UT administrations based on a cost sharing ratio between the Central Government and the State Government.
- Vision: It seeks to address the challenging situation of malnutrition among children up to the age of 6 years, adolescent girls (14-18 years) and pregnant and lactating women.
- It is crucial for India’s development as women and children comprise over two thirds of India’s population.
- The achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals lies at the fore-front of this programme design.
- It shall contribute to the SDGs, specifically, SDG 2 on Zero Hunger and SDG 4 on Quality Education.
- The Mission will focus on the fundamental importance of nutrition and early childhood care and education for the well-being, growth and development of children into healthy and productive adults.
- The scheme is open to all eligible beneficiaries and the only pre-condition is that the beneficiary has to be registered at the nearest Anganwadi centre with Aadhaar identification.
- The beneficiaries for the scheme will be adolescent girls in the age group of 14-18 years who will be identified by the states concerned.
- AYUSH shall propagate the campaigns of ‘Yoga at Home, Yoga with Family’ and AWCs and households to encourage beneficiaries to practice yoga and stay healthy.
- The Ministry of AYUSH shall extend technical support for scheme implementation.
- Efforts shall be made for 100% measurement of the children.
- It promotes the Use of jaggery, Fortification with indigenous plants like moreng (sahjan/drumstick) and ingredients that provide higher energy intake in smaller volume of food.