Sardar Sarovar Dam:
Sardar Sarovar Dam is providing irrigation water in summer for the first time in history.
- The Sardar Sarovar Narmada Dam is a terminal dam built on the Narmada river at Kevadia in Gujarat’s Narmada district.
- According to the 1979 award of the Narmada Water Dispute Tribunal, the power benefits from the project are to be shared in the following ratio: Madhya Pradesh at 57 per cent, Maharashtra at 27 per cent, and Gujarat at 16 per cent
- Garudeshwar weir is being constructed on the river Narmada near the Statue of Unity.
- The total height of the weir will be 31.75 metre.
- It is located at Garudeshwar at a distance of 9 kilometre from Sadhu bet island and 12 kilometre downstream from Sardar Sarovar dam.