SemiconIndia Conference 2022:
Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated SemiconIndia Conference 2022, the global semiconductor conclave designed to bring together key stakeholders to showcase existing capabilities, ideate innovations and discuss global best practices.
- The flagship conclave with the theme Catalyzing India’s Semiconductor Ecosystem, is being held in Bengaluru from 29th April to 1st May 2022.
- Inaugurating the conference, Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India said, We have earmarked USD 10 billion for India Semiconductor Mission and are creating an environment that encourages growth to create a vibrant semiconductor ecosystem and steer India into the future.”
- The conference aligns with the larger national narratives such as Make in India and Atmanirbhar Bharat and is pegged as the launchpad to India Semiconductor Mission (ISM).
- IESA launched an industry report on ‘Semiconductor manufacturing supply chain – India’s opportunity in the global market”.
- During the conference, the below Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) were inked:
- MOU signed between SEMI and ELCINA to promote semiconductor ecosystem in India
- MOU between CDAC and Qualcomm for partnership in semiconductors which will target semiconductor design startups, in line with the objectives of the PLI scheme
- MOU between AICTE and SEMI and ISM for training and skilling tech workforce for the semiconductor sector