Sequoia Capital has raised $2.85 billion to invest in startups in India and Southeast Asia.
- Of this, the venture capital firm will deploy about $2 billion in Indian startups while the remaining $850 million will be used to fund startups in the Southeast Asia region.
- This is the biggest dedicated India fund raised by an investor at a time when startup funding has slowed down on global cues.
- Sequoia Capital is an American venture capital firm. The firm is headquartered in Menlo Park, California and mainly focuses on the technology industry.
- The venture capital fund has been an early backer of some of the biggest tech companies in the world including Apple, Google and WhatsApp.
- It is one the most active VC fund company in India. In India it is an investor in Byju’s, Unacademy and Zomato.