In light of the global deterioration of natural resources and forests, silvopasture systems offer a relevant solution to deforestation trends.
- Silvopasture system is an ancient and proven practice that harmoniously integrates trees, forage and livestock on the same land.
- This system buffer against temperature and wind extremes, providing a favourable living environment for livestock.
- The trees on silvopasture lands act as natural carbon sinks, sequestering significantly five-10 times more carbon then pastures without trees, all while maintaining or enhancing productivity.
- The extensive root systems of trees within silvopasture plots contribute to nutrient cycling, improved soil stability and quality, while effectively combating erosion.
- Also, this system combine trees and livestock on the same land, silvopasture can play a vital role in reversing the negative trend of deforestation for pasture land.
- It also regulates local climatic conditions, buffering against temperature and wind extremes, providing a favourable living environment for livestock.
- Soil infiltration rates in silvopasture systems surpass those of open pastures, enhancing water storage potential.