Integrated Mobile Camouflage Systems:
The Indian Army recently placed its first order for Integrated Mobile Camouflage Systems (IMCS) for Mechanised Forces with an Indian start-up Hyper Stealth Technologies Private Limited.
- This is the first-ever procurement order of an Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) project by the Indian Army.
- Integrated Mobile Camouflage Systems (IMCS) comprises low emissivity and/or CAM-IIR coatings and mobile camouflage system materials that enable armoured fighting vehicles (AFVs) to blend in with their terrain background.
- It achieves a reduction in the detection range of AFVs when viewed through a Hand Held Thermal Imager (HHTI)/Battle Field Surveillance Radar (BFSR) tank-based thermal camera under given environmental and weather conditions.
- It achieves signature management by controlling the Visual, Thermal, infrared, and Radar Signatures of the object.
- It will provide significant capability enhancement in stealth for AFVs.
Defence Excellence (iDEX) project:
- The iDEX initiative was launched by the Government in April 2018.
- Aim: To achieve self-reliance and foster innovation and technology development in Defence and Aerospace by engaging Industries including MSMEs, start-ups, individual innovators, R&D institutes, and academia.