Sodium Ion Battery:
AR4 Tech has partnered Sodion Energy of Singapore to make sodium-ion battery packs for domestic and export markets.
- Sodium-Ion Battery generate electricity through a chemical reaction.
- These are made up of an anode, cathode, separator and electrolyte.
- In a sodium-ion battery, lithium ions are replaced with sodium ions in the battery’s cathode, and lithium salts are swapped for sodium salts in the electrolyte.
- When the battery is being charged, Na atoms in the cathode release electrons to the external circuit and become ions, which migrate through the electrolyte toward the anode, where they combine with electrons from the external circuit while reacting with the layered anode material.
- This process is reversed during discharge.
- Benefits of sodium batteries
- Readily available: One of the most interesting aspects of this technology is the wide availability in nature of its constituent raw materials.
- Safety: Sodium batteries also ensure high standards of safety because cells based on this chemical element are neither flammable nor susceptible to explosions or short circuits
- Low-cost: The raw materials are readily available in nature and can be extracted at low costs and with low energy use, making sodium a material with a low impact on the environment.
- Low-temperature resistance