SpaceX Starship: Exploded During First test-flight
SpaceX’s Starship, the world’s biggest rocket, exploded during its first test-flight to space.
- SpaceX’s Starship spacecraft and Super Heavy rocket – collectively referred to as Starship.
- It is the first stage, or booster, of the Starship launch system.
- Powered by 33 Raptor engines using sub-cooled liquid methane (CH4) and liquid oxygen (LOX).
- The Raptor engine is a reusable methane-oxygen staged-combustion engine that powers the Starship system
Super Heavy is fully reusable and will re-enter Earth’s atmosphere to land back at the launch site.
- Starship spacecraft is the second stage of the Starship system.
- It is also capable of point-to-point transport on Earth, enabling travel to anywhere in the world in one hour or less.
- It is a fully reusable transportation system designed to carry both crew and cargo to Earth orbit, the Moon, Mars, and beyond.
- It is the world’s most powerful launch vehicle ever developed, capable of carrying up to 150 metric tons fully reusable and 250 metric tons expendable.