Stage-IV Of The Graded Response Action Plan:
Commission for Air Quality Management in National Capital Region(NCR) and Adjoining Areas has invoked an eight-point action plan aligning with Stage-IV of the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP), aiming to avert any additional decline in the region’s air quality.
Eight Point Action Plan as per Stage-IV of GRAP:
- Prohibiting the entry of truck traffic into Delhi, except for those transporting essential goods and services, along with LNG/CNG/electric trucks.
- Restricting non-Delhi-registered Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) to enter Delhi, unless they are EVs/CNG/BS-VI diesel, except for essential service carriers.
- Banning the operation of Delhi-registered diesel Medium Goods Vehicles (MGVs) and Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs), except for those transporting essential items.
- Imposing a prohibition on construction and demolition (C&D) activities in linear public projects like highways, roads, flyovers, power transmission, and pipelines.
- Advising NCR State Governments and GNCTD to transition physical classes for grades VI to IX, XI to online mode.
- Directing NCR State Governments/GNCTD to consider allowing 50% capacity in public, municipal, and private offices, with the remainder working remotely.
- Empowering the Central Government to decide on work-from-home protocols for employees in Central Government offices.
- Encouraging State Governments to contemplate additional emergency measures such as the closure of educational institutions, non-essential commercial activities, and implementing an odd-even vehicle registration number scheme.