The Quantum Computing Laboratory By Indian Army:
The Indian Army has set up a Quantum Computing Laboratory and a centre for Artificial Intelligence in Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Quantum Computing Laboratory has been established with the help of the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), to spearhead research and training in this key developing field.
- National Security Council is a three-tiered organization that oversees political, economic, energy and security issues of strategic concern.
- Indian Army has also established an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre at the same institution with over 140 deployments in forward areas and active support of industry and academia.
- Training on cyber warfare is being imparted through a state-of-the-art cyber range and cyber security labs.
- The two Centres will carry out extensive research in developing the transformative technologies for use by the armed forces.
- The Centres will also facilitate the research and training in the developing field of Quantum and artificial intelligence.
- It will help it facilitate the next generation of communication and transform the current system of cryptography to post-quantum cryptography.
- The key thrust areas of Quantum Technology are Quantum Key Distribution, quantum computing and quantum communication.
- QKD, also called Quantum Cryptography, is a mechanism to develop secure communication.