Tiger Triumph Exercise:
The Tiger Triumph exercise was jointly conducted by the United States and Indian militaries in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The “Tiger Triumph” tabletop simulation was organized at India’s Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam from October 18 to 20 this year.
- It is a comprehensive endeavor of the Indian and US military and diplomatic representatives to provide coordinated disaster relief to a notional third country hit by a super-cyclone.
- Tiger Triumph exercise sought to improve interoperability between India and the US and create a multinational command and control model for humanitarian assistance in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- Its objective was to streamline diplomatic, operational, and logistical coordination between the two countries while responding to disasters.
- 50 individuals from India and the United States took part in this exercise.
- The 2022 edition of the Tiger Triumph exercise is the second joint exercise between India and the US focusing on disaster relief.
- It is the first tri-services exercise between US and India. It was organized under the aegis of the Integrated Defence Staff headquarters.
- The 2022 Tiger Triumph marks the third time this year that the Indian and the US militaries are involved in a joint exercise in Visakhapatnam.