Training Launch Of Prithvi-II Missile:
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), successfully carried out a training launch of, Prithvi-II from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off Odisha.
- It is a surface-to-surface, nuclear-capable short-range ballistic missile.
- It has a carrying 500-1,000 kilograms of warheads and is powered by liquid propulsion twin engines.
- Range: It has a strike range of 350 km.
- The missile is a proven system and is capable of striking targets with a very high degree of precision.
- The state-of-the-art missile uses an advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvering trajectory to hit its target.
- It was inducted into the Indian armed forces in
- It was one of the first missiles developed under the Government of India’s IGMDP.