Trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise:
The Indian Navy’s warship, INS Sahyadri, participated in the first trilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise with the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and Indonesian Navy from September 20-21, 2023.
- The exercise allowed the three nations to strengthen their partnership and improve their collective capability to support a stable, peaceful, and secure Indo-Pacific region.
- INS Sahyadri, the third ship of the indigenously designed and built Project-17 class multirole stealth frigates was built at Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai.
- The Project 17 class, also known as the Shivalik class.
- These frigates were the first stealth warships built in India.
- Shivalik is fitted with a mix of indigenous Russian, Indian, and Western weaponry and sensor systems.