India Japan Maritime Exercise:
A Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) was conducted between Japan Maritime Self Defense Force and Indian Navy in the Andaman Sea.
Other Maritime Exercises between India & Japan:
- Japan-India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX)
- Malabar Exercise (India – US – Japan – Australia)
- The exercises were aimed at enhancing interoperability and streamlining seamanship and communication procedures.
- This exercise is part of the ongoing efforts between the two navies towards ensuring safe and secure international shipping and trade in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- The two countries have been carrying out regular exercises in IOR towards reinforcing maritime association.
- INS Sukanya, an offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Navy.
- The Sukanya class patrol vessels are large, offshore patrol craft.
- Three lead ships were built by Korea Tacoma, now part of Hanjin Group.
- Vessels of the Sukanya class are named after notable women from Indian epics.
- The Sukanya class have large hulls, although they are lightly armed since they are utilized primarily for offshore patrol of India’s exclusive economic zone.
- JS Samidare, a Murasame class destroyer of Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force.
- JS Samidare (DD-106) is the sixth ship of the Murasame-class destroyer of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF).