Two Full-Time Degree Programmes : UGC
The students of the country have been allowed to pursue two degrees simultaneously by the University Grants Commission.
- From the academic session of 2022-23, the students can start applying for these dual degree programmes.
- Both the degrees can be pursued either from different universities or from the same university.
- Students of the country will be allowed to choose two master’s programmes, a diploma and a UG programme, or two bachelor’s programmes.
- The students can also apply for a PG and a UG programme.
- It must be ensured that there is no clash in the timings of the classes that are being pursued by the students.
- The programmes must be pursued in only those institutes that are recognised by the Statutory Council or UGC or Govt. of India.
- A student can pursue both the programmes with one being in physical mode and the other in Online or Open and Distance Learning mode.
- Also, the students can take up two Online or Open and Distance Learning programmes simultaneously.
- The guidelines have been made applicable to all academic programs except PhD.
- Both the degrees can be pursued in physical mode, provided that the class timings do not clash.