Unified Registration Portal For GOBARdhan Scheme:
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has introduced a Unified Registration Portal for GOBARdhan recently.
- Unified Registration Portal for GOBARdhan launched in 2023.
- Ministry: Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Objective is to streamline the registration of Compressed Bio-Gas and biogas plants nationwide.
- The portal is gobardhan.co.in
- This portal acts as a data repository for different activities of Gobardhan.
- It enables monitoring of the progress of the Programme.
- It provides real-time tracking, ensuring transparency & and social accountability of the scheme.
- According to the guidelines, Market Development Assistance of 1500 rupees per metric tonne will be granted for the sale of Fermented Organic Manure or Liquid Fermented Organic Manure, or phosphate-rich organic Manure produced at biogas and compressed biogas plants under the GOBARdhan initiative.
- Anyone who operates or intends to set up a biogas/ CBG/ Bio CNG plant in India can obtain a registration number by registering in this unified registration portal.
- The registration number is required to avail of benefits/ support from other Ministries/ Departments.
- The GOBARdhan initiative will get a boost as these new guidelines will turbocharge the uptake of organic fertilizer produced from the plants.