VAIBHAV Fellowship Scheme:
On the occasion of “National Science Day”, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology launched the VAIBHAV Fellowship scheme for the Indian Diaspora abroad.
- The fellowship offers Non-Resident Indian (NRI) researchers an opportunity to work for a minimum of one month to a maximum of two months a year with a research institution or an academic institution in India.
- Duration: Three years with the government offering the researchers an amount of up to Rs 37 lakh for the entire period.
- Aim: Improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world.
- This is done through the mobility of faculty/researchers from overseas institutions to India.
- Researchers from institutions featuring in the top 500 QS World University Rankings will be eligible for the fellowship.
- The applicant should be a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and she or he must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.