Voice Over 5G:
Reports indicate Reliance Jio, India’s largest mobile carrier, has been testing Voice over New Radio (VoNR) behind the scenes.
- Voice over 5G is also known as Voice over New Radio (VoNR).
- This standard allows voice calls over 5G networks instead of the current standard that uses 4G.
- Vo5G takes all the improvements of 5G – speed, capacity, responsiveness – and applies them squarely to voice.
- It aims to have all that infrastructure and interoperability ready well in advance.
- To use Vo5G, you need three things: a phone that supports Vo5G, a carrier that offers Vo5G, and a 5G signal in your area.
- VoNR brings clear advances over VoLTE with 5G’s substantially higher bandwidth and lower latency compared to 4G LTE.
- It utilizes more advanced audio codecs that provide superior clarity and fidelity based on 5G’s increased data capacity.
- It promises faster call connection times, ensuring a seamless and prompt user experience.
- Vo5G aims to eliminate the notorious call drop issues, particularly during transitions between 5G and 4G.
- Lower packet loss contributes to better reliability, minimising the occurrence of voice cutouts during calls.